About Michael Roberts
Michael is a Licensed Private Investigator, civil/criminal litigation support specialist and the founder of NexusMyst.
Recent Career Highlights
- In 2013, Michael was engaged as a civilian agent in a floundering, multi-agency, 2-month national manhunt for a murder fugitive. He located the suspect in just 73 minutes leading to his arrest by U.S. Marshals.
- Coordination of digital forensics and counterhacking training for the U.S. Air Force, Marines, Army and Navy. Other clients include NATO, Australian DoD and the United Nations, to name just a few.
- Consulting for private and law enforcement clients ranging from bullied school children, celebrities, prosecutors, CEOs and Heads of State.
- Released a man, who had been held in jail for 12 days, for allegedly sending electronic death threats. As part of a sting operation Michael was able to prove that the death threats were actually conveyed by the so-called victim in order to frame the client.
- In 2012, Michael gave Fairfax Media’s “The Age” a scoop, when he positively identified the man behind the fraudulent stock manipulation/takeover bid for David Jones Department Stores.
Michael was described by the investigative journalist as:
“… an absolute secret weapon for any serious reporter.”
2008 – present
Responsible for factual investigations in criminal and civil cases. Litigation support, preparation of technical subpoenas and warrants, preparation of depositions and interrogatories, expert witness testimony pertaining to electronic evidence and artifacts. Preparing presentations – “publishing to the jury” to demystify technical evidence.
1996 – 2003
Developed a network of over 900 instructors globally, primarily in the Information Technology arena. Clients were primarily large commercial training organizations requiring contract human resources for short term training needs. The business began in his Chicago basement, with a handful of instructors, to a thriving business with over $7M in revenue.
Investigator – Secret Clearance. After brief clerical employment with the Government owned “Telecom” company, Michael was seconded to a security department that investigated and monitored illegal activities using the Telecommunications infrastructure in cooperation with state and federal law enforcement agencies. Secret clearance given by the Australian Security and Intelligence Organization (ASIO). Youngest officer to be appointed to the position.
Responsible for identifying gaps in contemporary IT Security education, certifications and vulnerability best practices. Facilitated high level counter hacking and digital forensic courses for Military, Government and regulated industries throughout Australasia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. Secured sole-source USAF contracts for “Red Team” hacker training for Air Force bases globally.
“Ideas and the Investor” was a private company fully funded by the Australian Government. I&A was contracted to provide facilitation services between domestic and foreign investors and Australian inventors and innovators. In the short life of the program, Michael was responsible for more funding and joint ventures than the other six states combined.
Bachelor of Business (incomplete)
Achievements: Set all-time school record for highest mark on major marketing assignment – “Comprehensive Business Plan”.
Thank you for reaching out. We will be in touch soon.
Australia +61 73040 2223
Europe +358 9 2316 9888
United Kingdom +44 20 3286 3377